In an idle few minutes recently I recalled 10 things to reflect on before the 2010 UK General Election next week. I dont normally “do” politics, but once every 5 years I’ll make an exception and remember some of the things politicians have given us in the past decade that I’ve been less than impressed with…
- The £750 million Millenium Dome
- Cash for Honours & Cash for Questions
- The rise of stealth taxes
- The hunting ban
- The huge rise in the public sector leading to a bloated government
- The continued transfer of power from the UK parliament to the EU
- Massive red tape in business and the demise of social responsibility and common sense
- MPs expenses
- The war in Iraq, the Dodgy Dossier, Dr David Kelly and the 45 minute claim
- Boom and bust, and the £800bn public debt (and rising)
Food for thought. Lets hope that whatever happens in the 2010s after the election it does not include such things again – its time for a change IMHO.
Enjoy the debate this evening on BBC1.
(Opinions above are my own, not that of my employer etc!)