AC Labels have published an excellent case study on the use of pre printed barcode labels to save a leading logistics company a significant sum.
After trials of the AC Labels/GBF joint business solution, the distribution company confirmed that all points on their ‘wish list’ had been met and progressive implementation for the additional 7 sites agreed.
• Cost savings – In its first year, the trial site has already seen a £15,000+ cost saving due to pre printed label production. This is now being executed across a further 7 sites to give a potential group saving in excess of £100,000.
• Enhanced credibility – Since its implementation, lorry returns caused by poorly printed barcode labels have been eliminated. This can only enhance the distribution company’s credibility with it’s customers. This benefit will be most evident when tender renewals and new contracts are being negotiated.
• Huge improvements in efficiency within the warehouse workforce.
• No initial print consumable costs – printers, ribbons and blank labels no longer required.
• External stock management will ensure stock levels are maintained and available for next day delivery.
• Ordering time improved due to simplified one-click ordering system – stock control/order system implemented by GBF.
• Using GBF to stock control and manage bulk buying of consumables such as pallet wrap, listing paper, confirmation notes and other sundry items show additional cost savings.