Labels and Labelling Editor Danielle Jerschefske has released her slides from her presentation from Label Expo Brazil last week. In her presentation she covers all sorts of interesting features that advanced label designers are now including onto labels including:
- Variable data 2D barcodes used to track food using HarvestMark
- 2D QR barcodes used to bring consumers to brand owners websites
- NFC chips in smart labels interacting with smart labels
- laser engraved printed logic on labels
- nanotechnology used to indicate contaminated foodstuffs
- mass customisation of labels from the recently reported Coca Cola project of 800 million labels
- Its worth a read if you are interested in keeping upto date with the latest smart labelling developments. The full 27 slide PDF is available here.