Gammatex ®™ Chemical Sterilisation Indicators are manufactured by Mercian Labels in compliance with ISO 11140-1:2014
Gammatex ®™ Chemical Sterilisation Indicator Labels undergo a simple colour change when exposed to the required dosage level in each of the sterilisation processes.
Gammatex ®™ can offer solutions for use in the following sterilisation processes:
They are used in the industry as qualitative process indicators for the sterilisation process. Processed labels can also be retained as part of a quality control validation record.
To find out more – visit the Gammatex website here
We are members of the IIA Global International Irradiation Association and are UKAS ISO 9001:2015 accredited.
Many items in healthcare and catering have to be sterilised between each use. Examples of items often sterilised are operating theatre gowns, surgical instruments, bedding and so on. Items like these are used continually all over the world, and they are sterilised by using a Gamma Radiation, Steam or Ethylene Oxide (ETO) process.
In order to ensure the small dose is sufficient to sterilise the equipment, Gammatex™ labels are applied. The change of colour then indicates that they have been exposed to sufficient doses to ensure sterilisation.
- Increase in efficiency – One label satisfies two processes. Batch identification and Sterilisation visual confirmation.
- One label carries all product information and incorporates the gamma indicator panel – This ensures elimination of customer complaints for non-applied indicators.
- Improved efficiency as the box label can be pre-printed in house with LOT and Batch information.
- Gives a much larger visual indication panel for processed and non-processed identification.
- Labels can be manufactured for either direct thermal or thermal transfer over printing.
- No costly additional hardware as the label can be run on your current overprinting box label printer.
- Manufactured within and ISO9001:2015 accredited manufacturing facility in the UK.
- Manufactured in compliance with ISO 11140-1:2005 specification.
- Labels can be made to your custom size.
- Labels can carry your company logo or additional marketing information asserting your product brand awareness.