A sustainable product with 0% landfill
Mercian Zero is our commitment as a business to focus on our environmental impact and Corporate Social Responsibility, reassuring you that 0% of our production goes into landfill, giving you and your product total peace of mind.
The concept of sustainability is of growing importance to consumers, and there is a pressing need to create environmentally friendly products. How is Mercian Zero different and able to adopt a sustainable approach, that positively impacts on the environment?
- Solvents – Our digital processes use no solvents, unlike offset, liquid toner or solvent based inkjet
- Zero to Landfill – all of our waste is converted to energy
- De-inking – our digitally printed labels are fully de-inkable during recycling, unlike suppliers using liquid toner
- Sustainable paper supplies – our self-adhesive paper labels are produced from recycled paper or from sustainable forests
- We specify recyclable plastics as a preference – such as Polypropylene for our synthetic labels. We segregate waste on-site.
- Our digital toners are FDA foodsafe
- We use an ERP system designed to monitor any waste and to minimise our environmental impact
- We are happy to advise on the correct combinations of materials to maximise product recyclability